1. Introduction to Anchor Computer’s Services
Anchor Computer (Anchor) and its affiliates provide our clients a wide variety of data products and services that enable them to more efficiently create targeted marketing promotions and allow our clients to have a better understanding of their customers. For more information about our services, please visit www.anchorcomputer.com.
Our clients use this data to promote to consumers and businesses through a variety of media channels such as; direct mail, email, display ads and other channels.
Consumer and business data maintained by Anchor is collected from data suppliers and partners, and not collected directly by Anchor.
2. Consumer Privacy
Anchor does not collect consumer data from our websites. All consumer and business Data we maintain is received from data partners and complies with all laws related to consumer privacy and personal information protection. Anchor is compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
In the sections below, we explain how Anchor Computer’s website collects information for business purposes from visitors with a business interest. Consumers that access Anchor Computer’s websites specifically for privacy and opt-out purposes are NOT subject to any website data capture processes, including those in section 5 of this policy.
Consumers who wish to Opt out of Anchor Computer’s Database(s) may click Anchor CCPA Request to opt out of Anchor Computer’s database. If you wish to opt out, be prepared to provide the following information.
- First name
- Last name
- Zip code
- SSN (last 4 digits)
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
This data is necessary to lookup the individual within the Anchor databases(s) and for identity verification. If necessary, we may request additional information for identity verification. If you choose to opt out, we will stop providing your data to clients. This will only opt you out of Anchor Computer’s database(s). While our clients may no longer receive your information from Anchor Computer, it is possible they may be receiving your information from other sources.
We may also retain certain information for products that involve risk, compliance or anti-fraud measures as permissibly allowed by law.
3. California Consumer Privacy under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires businesses, including Anchor Computer, to provide additional services and information for California consumers. These include:
A California consumer’s right to request a disclosure of the personal information a business collects, uses, discloses, and sells. Anchor Computer is considered a data broker as defined by CCPA. The information we collect and manage is described in section 4. We do NOT collect or manage any information related to minors under the age of 18.
Anchor is obligated to verify the identity of the consumer making requests pertaining to CCPA. In order to verify the identity of the consumer, Anchor Computer will, at a minimum, require the following information.
- First name
- Last name
- Zip code
- SSN (last 4 digits)
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
If necessary, we may also require further information for identity verification. If a consumer cannot be verified, the CCPA request cannot be completed. This is for the purpose of preventing fraud and other issues.
A California consumer, after verification of identity, has the right to request deletion of that consumer’s personal information from all files that are used for commercial or business purposes.
California consumers may click Anchor CCPA Request to submit CCPA requests.
4. The Types of Data That We Obtain and Use
Anchor receives data from consumer companies, business to business companies, data compilers, and public or government entities. This data includes:
- Identifying information such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Online information such as IP addresses.
- Demographic information such as age, religion, ethnicity, marital status, gender, hobbies, and purchase information.
- Business-related information such as business name, address, email or job title.
- Anchor DOES NOT receive, manage or resell any information related to minors under the age of 18 years.
5. Our Services, and How We Use Information
Anchor Computer uses information for various purposes such as the purposes listed below:
- We help clients deliver, target, and optimize direct mail and email campaigns. We also help clients with marketing strategies for these campaigns.
- We help clients measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns and devise strategies to improve response on these campaigns.
- We provide other data services, such as (but not limited to) data quality enhancement, data enrichment, and data analysis.
The purposes listed above are not the only ways we may use data. You can learn more about all of the services we offer on our website.
Anchor Computer respects your privacy and uses data responsibly to comply with the law.
Anchor uses only US and Canada databases for Address Hygiene and Data Enhancement Processing. Any non-US and Canadian data received by Anchor’s systems, intentionally or unintentionally, will not be processed and will be deleted or returned to the client as received. Clients are requested to remove such data prior to sending their files to Anchor for processing.
6. The Information Collected On Our Website for Business Purposes
- Contact information is collected when you provide us with information through our website such as (but not limited to) when you contact us, sign up for an email newsletter, or log in to our website. We may use the information for any business purpose such as to provide services to you, send you emails, respond to your questions, send marketing messages to you, and analyze how customers are using our website. Credit card numbers are not kept on our database after a transaction is completed.
- We also passively collect information (collected whether or not you provide us with information). This may include your browser type, operating system, time-stamp, IP address, URL referral information, and a unique identifier.
Anchor provides a secure environment that includes digital certificate/SSL for secure transactions, PGP encryption, enhanced login features, multi-level security to prevent hacking, and firewall systems. We may collect or store the information above by using cookies and similar technologies and may target ads to you. To opt out of these type of targeted ads or learn more about it, go to aboutads.info
You can unsubscribe from our emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” (or similar) link we provide at the bottom of the emails that we send. However, even if you delete your account, we may keep your information to comply with laws and other business purposes. Even if you subscribe or opt-out, we may still send you communications related to your use of our services.
7. How We Work With And Share Data With Third Parties
Anchor Computer may share the data it has as listed below:
- Partners: We may share data with business partners, data partners, or clients to help provide targeted advertising and for analytical purposes.
- Affiliates, Parents, and Subsidiaries: We may share some or all of the data we have with affiliated or subsidiary companies.
- As Required by Law or to Protect Any Party: We may disclose data if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or protect the rights or safety of Anchor Computer, a client, or another party.
- Data We Collect on Our Website: We use the data we collect on our website to market and for our business purposes. For example, we may use your name and email address to send you newsletters about our company.
8. Cookies, Web Pixels, and Similar Technologies
The section below is about the cookies and similar technologies Anchor Computer, our clients, and our business partners may use.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that websites and other online services use to store information about users on the user’s own computer. For example, cookies can be used to store log in information. Cookies may also store a unique identifier linked to your computer so that web services and networks can recognize you across visits to different websites.
- Pixels: Pixels may also communicate information from your browser to a web server. Pixels can be embedded in web pages, emails, videos, or emails. This allows the web server to read information from your browser such as if you viewed a web page or email, the data and time you viewed it, and your IP address.
9. Your Marketing and Privacy Choices
- Opting Out of Online Targeting: If you wish to opt out of other third party ad platforms and ad networks, you can go to aboutads.info. Opting out using this link won’t prevent you from getting ads, but it will stop companies from tailoring ads to you based on your interests. These opt outs are browser specific.
- Unsubscribing from Our Emails: We provide a way for you to opt out of receiving emails with an “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the email.
10. Questions or Concerns
Anchor Computer Inc.
1900 New Highway
Farmingdale, NY 11735-1509
United States of America